Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow Day

When we moved to Denver, I knew we were probably going to experience more extreme winters than I was used to, but never did I expect that we would have two snow days in OCTOBER. Over the last two days we have had over 12 inches of snow. All the school districts were closed and David's school even closed its campus. Unfortunately snow days don't exist at work so I have had to brave the drive downtown for work. Luckily David has some experience with this weather, and knows my anxiety while driving in the snow is about as high as when I fly (which involves saying my last goodbyes) so he has dropped me off and picked me up from work the last two days. Today was ridiculous! I have never seen the freeways so packed with snow. You could have gone hookybobbing on the interstate. Let's hope it doesn't snow like this when baby girl decides to arrive. Here's the damage at our place:




In other news I should mention that if you have a security system in your house with automatic motion detectors do not leave a balloon in the motion sensitive area. We learned this the hard way last night. Our alarm went off at 5 o'clock this morning so of course we locked ourselves in our bathroom and waited for the police to show up. That's a pretty weird feeling. After searching all entrances and seeing no sign of break in or any footprints in the snow, the police determined it must be something in our house. Needless to say we were pretty relieved/embarrassed when everyone realized that a baby shower balloon in our family room caused the motion sensor to go off. Well at least now we know that the system works, right?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL!! I like the part about you guys locking yourselves in the bathroom...what would you have done if someone REALLY wanted to get into that bathroom?? :)

Jamie said...

Natalie you guys seriously crack me up! I was laughing that you and David went into the bathroom. Tell David that he needs to be the man and protect you! :) just kidding Matt would of done the same thing. Natalie you are going to be a mom soooo soon. I'm so happy for you guys. Are you coming home for Christmas? I hope so i can see that cute baby!!! love ya!